Wednesday, June 17, 2009

JASON CLEGG INTERVIEW . FROM DEAD BLACK / THINK I CARE





"Some of the best people I know are street hockey players"





from the upcoming "Reflections on Perfection" FANZINE:

JASON CLEGG, HE SANG FOR TIC (In my top 5 ever) and sings for the insanely full time, DEAD BLACK. He's been somewhat of a hermit as of late, so when i saw him come online, I took full advantage of it. As far as I know he's been fixing up a house in Toy Town, but what I want to know is how he could afford it? He made some questionable investments in the past with his label Eating Rats records. I think Downhill Fast and Lovely Lads sold 250 copies total, and all 250 were LL cd's. either way, He's now a man with a house, 750 great Lads CD's and 500 decent hardcore cd's

you once told me that you cried when Danny Ainge was traded , is this true?

-Ainge was my favorite player, the first athlete that i liked. i think i was 8 when they traded him. my dad showed me the headline in newspaper and i did in fact cry. and i hated ed pickney and joe klien for it.
-i was also pissed at bird for having a shitty back.
-my dad also showed me the headline when reggie lewis died, and i tried to make myself cry, but couldn't.

You got Bird's autograph?

at the old garden, the players coming and going from the game would sometimes pull to the side and sign autographs, unless their name was dino radja. bird pulled over, signed a card for me, and when he handed it back he smudged it. said for me to go around to the other side of his car, he opened the door and signed something else for me, i think it was a picture. but thinking back he doesn't seem like a guy who would have a picture of himself in the car, regardless my mom tossed it on accident like a year later

do you think all the exposed concrete in the new garden should be painted gold like the old garden?

that was pretty bad. filled with lead i'm sure.


what is the best xmas gift your siter ever got you?

-best present my sister ever got me, and this isn't even a close debate... she got me a signed julian tavarez montreal expos ball

over this past winter, there were "insane ice storms", did you see any insanity?

ice storms were ugly. no power for awhile, trees down everywhere, roads were closed it was nuts. the national gaurd came in, cause of looting. my old high school was used as a shelter.alot of people had it worse than us. a girl got molested or something. our furnace was electric so it was a freeze out at my place, we eventually got a generator. a lot of people had it worse than us.

Cedric Maxwell once told violet palmer to get in the kitchen and make me some bacon and eggs, what are your thoughts on that?

i thought maxwell got blown out of proportion, charles barkley really layed it on the line like 15 years ago. violet palmer is the worst ref in the league, i'm sure it's just a huge coincidence though.

what are your thoughts on Stephon Marbury? and would you wear starbury's?

i was recently dared to buy starburys, and declined. he has a tattoo on his head

you have tattoos on your arms....i've always thought starburys were just cheap shoes that inner city kids would turn their ankles in, why wouldn't you wear them?

because i don't need to worry about getting jacked for my shoes in winchendon


i heard your town (winchendon) has shut down toy factories, which i find to be really depressing in theory. tell me about that...


winchendon way way back was famous for toys, like internationally famous. all wooden stuff, like rocking horses, blocks, i don't know, if it was a toy and could be made of wood the fine people of toy town made them. no toys are made here at all anymore, a few of the factories are abandoned, and i know atleast one is a spice factory or something. i worked in an old toy shop for awhile, it's a street hockey equipment factory now, which is kinda a toy i guess.

so you're saying street hockey isn't a real sport?
some of the nicest people i know are street hockey players


one time , you and I bought tickets to game 2 of the nba finals off of a scalper, is this true?

we never bought tickets from a sketchy scalper to game 2 of the nba finals in the bleachers for $300. and we did not have a wonderful time

do you have RHCP on your ipod?
absolutely

one last question, The Celtics and Luck parted ways, i know you hate him, in fact you've tought many people to hate him. why do you hate him?

why do i hate lucky? let me tell you why. lucky is represents everything that is wrong with sports and society in general. i went to games when i was young to watch basketball, not watch some homo do back flips. kids have no attention span, they have to watch this freak jump around and clap his enormus light up hands. i always imagined him going home to a wife of sorts, and her/him just laying into him about what a fucking loser he is.

do you think he's divorced? "some of the nicest people i know are street hockey players"

i don't know what he is

i heard a rumor that he had his own dressing room and would listen to techno really loud to sike himself up and scream
yeah i know. i heard that same thing, and he made like $100,000

GABBY'S PIZZA MENU, SHOWING THAT THEY DO INDED OFFER A REGULAR MEATLESS AS WELL AS A STEAK AND CHEESE

No comments:

Post a Comment