Friday, June 19, 2009

CHARLIE'S KITCHEN

Here we have the menu from Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Sq. If you are not familiar with this establishment, it is The Double Cheeseburger King.
I myself have enjoyed some great times here. I have ate here, I have drank here, and even played a few live rock concerts at Charlies. Friendly people always like Stan, Angry Nick, and the French Courier looking guy. The wait staff puts up with a heck of a lot. I once saw someone tip a waitress with a James Worthy card. Who the hell does that?

But lets let look at the menu. I have some serious questions about this thing.





















1. Where the hell is that car in the front going? Noir for last call? The Expressway to go to the s
outh shore? The Other Side to get mediocre service? who knows?

My theory is that he walked out on his bill from the upstairs and is speedin
g away toward Allston before a waitress notices. He is probably the type of person who goes to the Model before midnight.

2. Why is the sidewalk at a different angle from the front door?

3. Where are these beautiful tree's in real life? They really look nice.

4. I know at least two people that have worked there over the years went to art school. So this artwork is the best the double cheeseburger king can do?

5. not about the menu, but if lobsters had souls, would the lobsters at charlies be the most depressed lobsters ever?

6. If the Double Cheeseburger king had a queen, what restaurant would it be?



LEFT: Back when I was a struggling live rock musician playing Charlies on one their "LIVE BANDS EVERY MONDAY" nights.
I
am wearing a BURN sweatshirt.



RIGHT: One of my prized possessions, an Autographed Charlies Menu











RED SOX LEGENDS SERIES:
The Immortal
JOHN HALAMA


xericyu (2:41:26 PM): John Halamadamadingdong.
xericyu (2:41:34 PM): I totally forgot about him.
xericyu (2:41:37 PM): And Matt Mantei.
xericyu (2:41:44 PM): They mentioned him on the broadcast before the game the other night.
xericyu (2:41:47 PM): And I was like, "Oh yeah!"

1 comment:

  1. ah what happened to that signed menu? is it framed on your wall? folded in your wallet?

    ReplyDelete