Friday, June 19, 2009

An "If I had a time machine" moment

When I get down to it and purchase a time machine, one of the first places I will go to is Jamaica Plain, MA. JP now a days is more like Jamaican me crazy, but it wasn't like that in the mid 80's. JP was a magical land just west of Roxbury. What would I do when i got to JP? well let me tell you..

First off, I would ride the Elevated Orange Line to Green St Station.Not only was the orange line elevated, but it went to actual places where businesses and people are. The train ran high above Washington Street as opposed to the remote hole in the ground route it now runs. I know there is huge demand for people to get to the epicenter of activity Stony Brook, wait no there isn't. Anyway, when I get off the train at Green, I'll walk down the steps and grab some soda pop at Ruggerio's market. Next I will make my way to the small bar named Green St. Station. why would I go there? I'd go there to catch local band The Pixies or perhaps Nirvana, a small touring act from Seattle. The show is going late, so i'll have to leave early to catch the last train back to my time machine. It's really late and the Orange Line is insanely sketchy (cause it's nighttime and also the 80's) so i'll just walk up to Centre St and catch the Green Line. The Green Line? yes. As if JP wasn't perfect enough already right? Before the lackluster 39 bus, the Green Line ran all the way to Forest Hills. I decide to catch the trolley outside Woolworth's so I can grab an am/fm walkman so I can listen to Mark Parenteau on WBCN. Well here comes the Trolley, have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment