Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Fuck it up" .....Big Tom declared the hardest and sickest insane son of a bitch of all time, but in a good way


BHC legend Big Tom of B'zrker

The first time I met this intense character was 9/21/04 at 11:56 pm. Roughly 4 minutes before my 21st birthday. The location: An Tue Nua. ATN is an Irish pub located close to Fenway Park (where the Red Sox play). I had just witnessed a man get destroyed by a car outside The Gap (now Bertuccis) in Kenmore Sq. He got so fucked up that he died right there. I was like "Man, I need a drink" luckily right down Beacon St was "Lushlife Tuesdays." One problem though, I wasn't 21 until midnight. Enter Big Tom. I showed up 4 minutes ot midnight and he was able to squeeze me in. His wife works there, so im sure it was to big of a deal. Word got around that it was my 21st birthday and who but Tom decided to buy me my first legal beer and shot. Normally when that happens to a nice young kid on his 21st birthday its great, except for me. Big Tom, the aforementioned Hardest, Sickest, motherfucker of all time buy me a shot and says "You better no puke." Maybe he was being a silly goose, but I've heard stories of the B'zrker reunion... VIOLENT stories.... stories like when him and his other rapscallion friends locked the door to he middle east and Big Tom says "You're all fucked". Not sure if everyone got fucked, but from what I hear, if you got thrown over the bar, you were lucky. So back to my story.. This is a lot of pressure on me. Obviously I didn't puke cause I wouldn't be here to tell there story.


UPDATE from Tre McCarthy:
Today at 4:57pm
That Big Tom story was at the Middle East, but downstairs. During Converge. The "Body Bag" was from a friend of ours, and Jake gave him the bag at some point... mid set? Before? Can't remember, and said something along the lines of "I want you to fill this"


Silent Mike speaks:

MPC 000 (3:17:59 PM): awesome. i dont know if this can get in there, but he has my alltime favroite quote. he got in a fight at the middle east upstairs i think and yelled at the entire room "i was here before you all, i'll be here when you're gone, and while im here i'll do whatever the fuck i want"
MPC 000 (3:17:59 PM): i gotta go finish the herald, ill be back soon

2 comments:

  1. that sounds a lot like something that happened at the infamous "body bag" converge show at the middle east downstairs, like, ten years ago. being a good decade or so ago, my memory of this is a little hazy, but i could have sworn some huge dude who was dancing way harder than anyone else and making people pretty visibly upset yelled something very, very similar to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least one of the shows being referred to is Converge/Overcast/Today is the Day, etc. in like summer, 1997. Several fights in the pit throughtout the show. Overcast singer I think jumped in at one point to break one up. I stand in the back, since I don't even like these bands, I just came cuz my friend invited me and I lived down the street. Converge tosses said "body bag." A few songs later it looks like someone who weighs 300 lbs is about to punch a little girl who (unwisely) kicked him in the shin after he knocked her over. Little girl is my friend's little sister, so I join a bunch of people trying to move them apart. I turn my head left and I am immediately punched by the dude's gigantic friend. Nose broken, gushing blood, about to cry like a pussy. Bouncer gives me $20 and tells me to get a cab as fast as possible and don't come back. I still don't even like any of those bands. Bad night.

    ReplyDelete