Saturday, October 16, 2010

HEROIN VS. MAGIC THE GATHERING. Worse American Epidemic?



Last night I found myself listening to Failure and Year of the Rabbit. Ken Andrews is the singer of both bands and is obviously heavily influenced by hard drugs. Here's the thing though, the music is so good and obviously heroin had something to do with it. Then I started thinking about Magic The Gathering (MTG) and how fucking much it sucks. I then found myself trying to figure out what is actually a worse habit. We all know heroin is insanely stupid and dangerous, but it has provided us with some great additions to American culture. What has MTG done for us? I will try and make a strong argument for my stance on this issue. I truly believe that MTG is a worse epidemic than the life threatening heroin.

Reason #1 Look at heroin users heroes..Yeah, 2/3 of them are dead, but we're still talking about them all the time.

Now look at MTG fiends heroes:

I mean, come on. You are obviously going to hang out with the heroes of the hard drugs over "Counterstrike" or whatever the hell his name is. I know he isn't even real, but he might as well be because MTG fiends believe he is


Reason #2 - Lets take a look at your average every day run of the mill heroin addict..

This young junkie is still able to retain his youthful handsome looks and have a keen sense of fashion and you can tell by his bitchin' leather jacket. Some of the coolest people I know wear leather jacket. I bet he will still go on to lead a semi successful life unlike these pieces of garbage below.. Starting at a young age, these kids have developed complete dependency on MTG cards. I know it's sick, but it's a sick world and I'm not here to sugar coat anything. I look at this picture and see dungeree shorts that go beyond the knee, adults and underage boys interacting, and some magazines on the counter. They are probably some vile underworld taboo freak zines. So I rest my brief but well thought out case for MTG being a worse leech on America's youth.

2 comments: