Saturday, October 16, 2010

Andrea Marshall Interview. Part 1/?


So here's an interview with Andrea Marshall. Andrea's interview is the introduction of a new element to the "Reflections on Imperfections" Fanzine blog thing. I'm showing a new side of myself so I have decided to temporarily stray away from the normal MBTA/WBCN/Boston Hardcore theme (how Boston Herald is that?) and interview one of the 125 most dynamic people to ever emerge from Montclair, Massachusetts. If you are not familiar with Montclair, it is basically just an extremely regal way of saying "on the other side of the tracks, North Quincy, MA." Andrea is an accomplished graduate of Parsons School of Design (which is located on the Fifth Avenue of Manhattan (I think?) ) and she has appeared on the Martha Stewart television program . She might kill me for linking that Martha Stewart video, but I really hope not. But its possible. Her personality is a unique mix of 27% Quincy, MA , 29% New York, NY, 7% early Madonna, and 37% other things. Our relationship can best be described as a mix of Facebook friends and ex-potential future sister in law. A mix more and more of us are coming to know in these sad economic times.

What are you doing this weekend?
Tonight I am going to drink alot of wine and cook dinner for my friends. Tomorrow and Sunday...Painting, Painting, Painting, Coffee, Yoga, Tea, Listening to Erykah Badu and more Painting!

You were on on the Martha Stewart show right? Actually I already know you were. How was her personality with the cameras off?
She liked my dress!

What is your ideal early fall Saturday afternoon in New York City?
MOMA and Venti Starbucks Misto No Foam (2% Milk), headphones blaring Tell Me by Groove Theory on repeat.

What is your ideal late May day in Quincy, MA?
Already happened.... Drive-Bys with Megan Cassidy in her old convertible listening to That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson...with Iced Coffees from Coffee Break...

Top 7 celebrity experiences you have ever had that don't involve Chelsea Clinton?
Umm, Boy George, Boy George, Boy George, Boy George, Boy George, Boy George, Pras

What was the name of that fruit stand you took me to once in Manhattan?
The Golden Banana

What kind of conditioner do you use?
Dumb Blonde by Bed Head

You had the most controversial prom dress in North Quincy high School history..years later what are your thoughts?
"If you got it flaunt it, or at least decorate it for the holidays"

Did you know that Papa don't preach is my favorite Madonna song?
Do you know what mine is...?

Do you enjoy the Fung Wah bus at all? If So, best experience? If not, how come?
I did at one point enjoy the Fung Wah bus.... Best experience... 2001, early December, freezing cold, listening to Alicia Keys Songs in A minor "Mr Man"...I had black hair and was wearing a funny Marc Jacobs suit with stiletto boots....I got dressed up and I was really excited bc I was going to boston just for the day to see a guy I had a crush on...

top 12 singles for this week and why
Tell Me-Groove Theory
One Step Ahead-Aretha Franklin
Muffin Man-Frank Zappa
Teardrops-Womack&Womack
Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps-Sam Cooke
She's Only In My Hair-Prince
How Come You Don't Call Me-Alicia Keys
Honey-Erykah Badu
Suedehead-Morrissey
Love That I Found-Led Zeppelin
Here Comes Your Man-The Pixies
Circus-Britney Spears
November Rain-Guns N Roses
Paranoid-Black Sabbath
Pour Some Sugar On Me-Def Leppard
Miss Me Blind-Culture Club
Dirty-X-Tina

If you could be anyone else in the world, who would it be?
Mary Magdalene

What is the best thing you have ever done?
My "Search For The Holy Grail" Painting is the best Painting I have ever done and the artwork I am the proudest of.
Forming the glam fab musical dance group, The Voodoos!

are you really proud that you made it out of Quincy?
...I don't want to jinx myself

have you heard Slash's new project? and did you know he is only 46?
Did you know there is a poster of Slash above my bed...

have you ever had a better lasagna better than your dads?
No, I have not! We are Italian...what do you expect..

ok pretend its august 21, 2007. partly cloudy, where would you go out to dinner?
If in Boston, Tapeo on Newbury Street...Spanish Tapas are perfect for a hot august night
If in NYC, Fanelli's Cafe on Prince St and Mercer

What is your favorite soft cheese? hard cheese?
I like all cheeses...especially goat and sheep.. I always love Manchego!
Recently I had Ricotta drizzled with Basil infused Olive Oil and it was delicious

Your biggest pet peeve?
Hang nails, dry skin, lack of pedicures

The ultimate fashion faux pas?
copying someone else's style....i don't care if you like ugly clothes...be individual!

What are you going to be for Halloween?
Jason in a mini dress


this is part 1. The next part will feature follow up questions because I am really curious about
1. Jason in a mini dress
2. A real answer to Martha Stewart's personality
3. What she cooked for dinner for her friends
4. How Italian her family really is

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try Dumb Blonde as a result of this post. You're changing lives, Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to continue using the hair conditioner that I already use.

    ReplyDelete