Friday, October 1, 2010

Field trip to JP and 1999


So this morning I found myself waiting for Tellos in Jackson Sq to open because I needed a new pair of socks to impress the good people of the orange line. A real question where your life is going type of moment. I decided that if I didnt sit down no one would notice that I wasn't wearing socks so I just decided to get on the orange line and skip the whole Tello's experience. What a terrible decision that was. I got on the Orange line and obviously I saw this girl Kerry who I made out with once at a party on Parker St in Mission Hill in early 2004. I didn't say hello because all I could think about was not having socks on and she probably wouldn't remember me anyway. No, thats probably not true, I'm sure she remembers me. So I got off at Back Bay station and decided to walk up Boylston St and it got me thinking back to Sunday July 4th, 1999. It was a magical day in the Hub. There were swirling rumors about a Planet Hollywood opening up across from the Pru and I purchased THREE Toxic Narcotic 7"s and The Trouble "Crime and Punishment" 7" at Newbury Comics. Much like my mind right now, I was wondering around Boston doing everything I could to avoid the Boston Pops concert. I HATE that concert. When I got home that night I put on WBCN 104.1 FM's "Boston Emissions" program. Shred was hosting the show on this particular night and he played Toxic Narcotic. I called into the show because i didnt recognize the version of whatever song he was playing and he explained to me that they had just released the 89-99 CD. I really wish I knew that before going out and buying the 7"s. oh well. But back to JP, when did Meatland change the font on its sign? Also, wouldn't have a Planet Hollywood been much cooler than Fidelity Investments?

No comments:

Post a Comment