Monday, August 17, 2009

Can we just calm down already?

This entry is about a friend of mine. I won't name her by name because I don't want to embarrass her. But let me explain a little bit about Amelia. By all accounts, she is a hard worker. Whether it be art school, being a waitress at the double cheeseburger king, or just being a nice person. All hard workers deserve a nice vacation once in a while to get away from their surroundings. You agree right? of course you do. So, she decides to start off the first leg of her vacation by visiting her home town of Philadelphia, PA. I don't know what she was thinking about on the Bolt bus, but I'm sure it was something along the lines of "Gee, Boston is a great city, I love it there, but I could use a few weeks off ." Who can argue that? I know I certainly can't. Especially if you're friends with me. So obviously after anticipating a break from Boston, this is the first thing she see's when she gets off the bus in Philly:

Like come on...How about that for luck? Not only was it Boston Hardcore merchandise, but quite possibly the most ignorant item out there. A BHC basketball jersey! As an added bonus, (just in case she forgot which baseball team plays in the hub) there's a giant Red Sox logo! She's a strong person and I'm sure she had already stopped thinking about it, but Boston is like a disease. The type of disease that will never let anyone take a full on vacation from it.


On a side note:

4 comments:

  1. kinda like when I get to rural Israel and saw a girl wearing a GREEN MONSTAH shirt. yikes

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Boston is like herpes? The gift that keeps on giving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes? no. Boston is more like an uncaring parent that likes to buy love. or herpes

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahah love the facebook ones!

    ReplyDelete