Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crazy things happen on the Red Line

So this morning was just another typical morning for me. I woke up a little early because I had to go back to Quincy for a second to pick something up at my Dad's house. So I shower and walk down to Harvard station and hop on the Red Line. An above average ride for me, no delay's and I listened to Ink & Dagger on my ipod. I get off at North Quincy and this is what I see:

Yes, that is a backwards pink Kangol scaly cap. So i'll offer some theory's I have about this crazy mofo.

1. He's part of the growing Asian immigrant population in North Quincy. He's waiting for an inbound train to head to Chinatown so he can pick up some groceries and see some friends. He's doesn't quite have a grasp on fashion, but it's all right cause because he's a nice guy and is enjoying his newspaper.
or (and most likely)
2. He's the ultimate hipster. He's disguising himself as part of the growing Asian population in North Quincy for the sake of Irony. He's wearing the backwards pink scaly cap to tip off people who get it. This guy is so above being cool and just doesn't care at all. I think I saw him once at a Mission Hill party in the earlier part of the decade. If its the same guy, and it could be, he's a real wild one. The type of guy that just doesn't give a fuck, or even two fucks. This guy is above living in Allston, Mission Hill, Somerville, or Cambridge. He's so hip that he can even make North Quincy work for him.

2 comments:

  1. What's with the horrible use of 's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i type these things really fast on a laptop from logan airport.

    ReplyDelete